Rehab centers working process
Who are the people who make a rehab, what it is?
Rehab is mostly a collection of people of different age, religion, cast, financial status and groups. The only thing common between them is addiction and this addiction brings about an understanding are somewhere down the line, one addict understand the behavior of another addict under influence and can restore to it. This basic idea is what makes the inmates from different walls of life stay together and hence allowing them to mingle with another so that every addict can help the other one as per rehab rules. Folks from different walls of life, stay together as set on a table are fork and knife. Whenever we made any contact with the world apart from our family, we always connected at least due to one or more common interest, work etc. Sometimes we even connected with someone for our vices. Rehab is a place where when an inmate enters is totally unaware of other inmates. Only thing we know is that we would be meeting addicts only. It is seen heard and practiced that an addict can help the addict best, because of a simple reason that others may deal with sympathy but an addict deals with another always with empathy. Rehab don’t support any particular religion nor any particular religious practices. Though that doesn’t mean that festivals and occasions are not celebrated. Mostly all major festivals are celebrated, inmates celebrate their birthdays too. The irony of this is that the inmates unknown to each other earlier come together and celebrate all these days with more zest than they used to do this before. In fact, in the rehab religion doesn’t matter to celebrate. The whole mankind is mostly fighting over religion and are divided over religion but in a rehab, religion has taken a back-seat. Here, religion doesn’t matter, there are prayers related to any particular religion. In fact, all prayers are offered to the universal god and everyone inmate has the liberty to place anyone on that pedestal. God is now “Good Orderly Direction”, He now the one responsible for our action. A new path he always shows, what’s best for us he always knows. God or good orderly direction, can be anyone who shows us the path, someone who helps us in making us take the right, honest decision. It can be any person or the god whom we have prayed all our lives. Different people. Different god and different beliefs, but all provide good orderly direction. We always think and act or react, but we should always be cautious and know what to do when, for that we first need to analyze the whole situation in our mind, think of our god and then we do get answer on how to react or act. This whole thing may seem long when you read it, however our body and brains work very fast and all this happens in a fraction of a second. In a rehab there is time table to bring uniformity into the inmate’s life. Basically, the routine is followed in forms of session all along the week, Morning Prayer, Morning meeting, Input session, Hymes session, Encounter session, Big brother Small brother session, Seminar session, Output session, NA meeting, Entertainment session.
This is the basic schedule followed in the rehab. Now let’s go through all the session and activities in details, so as to understand its importance and how is it helpful for us in our daily lives, check out rehab centers working process.
1) Morning Devotion: – Just after wake up and brushing it’s time to thank god for everything received and to ask for a wonderful day ahead. It is always good to start the day with a prayer.
2) Morning Meditation: – This is the time to meditate and concrete on breathing. Let the thoughts enter and leave the mind. Just don’t hold onto one thought. It is also a time to introspect our previous day, past activities and plan out our day ahead.
3) Morning Meeting: – This session is held just after breakfast. In this session, there is a lot of emphasis on the last 24hrs. The inmates pull up the family on things done wrong and the family by readily accepts. Few inmates share their past 24hrs they have spent their previous day. Thought for that particular day is explained in brief as mentioned in the daily refection book. It is followed by few fun activities to lighten the mood for rest of the day.
4) Input Session: – The thought for the day which was introduced during devotion and briefly explained during morning meeting is explained in detail in this session. The thought how it can be applied to our past and future is discussed in this session. After this the family moves for lunch.
5) Encounter Session: – This session is sort of an anger management session. In a rehab, one is not allowed to express one’s anger at that very moment, instead when one is angry he should write up a step, confront the person on whom he is angry. Show that person his character defects so that he can work on them and then give a booking. These slips are the backbone in the encounter session. Here, when a person’s slip is called out, he can get through of his feelings of anger and feel light and this way unwanted fights and grudges are avoided.
6) Hymes Session: – Every inmate should be aware of the daily prayer and the session prayers. Hymes session helps in just that so that the new inmates can learn the prayers.
7) Big Brother Small Brother: – Now when there are so many inmates, there are bound to be questions relating to the process, rehab rules, other sessions or any rehab related issue. These questions are answered by seniors. Inmates in this session so that there is no person with a doubt in his mind.
8) Output session: – This session is just that reverse of input session. Here inmates share what they learnt and understood by the thought how it is can be applied and personal views are expressed by inmates about the details explained about the thought.
9) NA Meeting: – Here inmates share their past, their addiction how it caught on with them how it destroyed them, troubled others and is also an eye opener for all the listeners. It helps one at times in reality to a certain incident, also it can serve as a roadblock for many who have yet not lost everything. This session also allows us go get rid of our guilt as we share our darkest past with honesty. It is important to share as somewhere the inmate has not yet forgiven himself for his misdeeds and one sharing does just that.
10) Entertainment Session: – Here inmates sing songs, recite poetry or in other words relax and just let go.
These were the sessions (rehab centers working process) in which the entire week of the rehab works. Every session has its own importance and each teaches us something in its own unique way, where morning meeting ensures that one’s daily mistakes are reduced, similarly input session helps in planning a future. Encounter session helps in controlling our anger and NA meeting shows us how to forgive ourselves. Thus every session is important.
We are from rehab centers in mumbai, if you need such services then please let us know.